Antergos (Arch) POCO lib error

Hi! I'm getting the following error in Antergos:
(running yaourt -S net-responsibility)

In file included from ./src/Bypasses.cpp:1:
./include/Bypasses.h:28:10: fatal error: Poco/Data/Common.h: No such file or directory
 #include "Poco/Data/Common.h"
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [Makefile:823: src/libNetResponsibility_la-Bypasses.lo] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
In file included from ./include/MyXml.h:38,
                 from ./include/Options.h:33,
                 from ./include/ConfigSubsystem.h:28,
                 from ./src/ConfigSubsystem.cpp:20:
./include/Blacklist.h:33:10: fatal error: Poco/Data/Common.h: No such file or directory
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
                 from ./include/MainApplication.h:34,
                 from src/main.cpp:22:
./include/Blacklist.h:33:10: fatal error: Poco/Data/Common.h: No such file or directory
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                 from ./include/MainApplication.h:34,
                 from ./src/MainApplication.cpp:21:
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

Thanks,

Comments

• @MathGeek8, I don't know much about Arch, but here's some info that may help:
    * If you're using a package manager to install, there's a chance you're not accessing a working version of Net Responsibility (NR).
    * At the moment, you need to have the right version of NR (i.e. the latest development version) in order to have a chance of getting it working. If that's what you're getting through the package manager, then that means there's a different problem. If not, then you will need to compile from source.
    * Because NR's code development has pretty much stalled, you also need to have a POCO libs version within a certain range in order to install NR successfully. If that's what you're getting through the package manager, then that means there's a different problem. If not, then you will need to compile from source.
    * [For future reference, it's always helpful in posts like yours above to include the NR version, POCO libs version, etc.]
    * You may also find the following links helpful to get a working install:
    Even if some of the info in the above seems irrelevant, you will likely want to read much/most/all of the info included, linked, and referenced in order to get the info you need for a successful install.

Hope that helps,
    Dustin
  • Thanks @duststuff! I'm going to mimic how one installs it on Ubuntu. I'll let you know if it works.
  • edited December 2018
    The installation on Antergos worked! You pretty much have to mimic the Ubuntu installation.
    Thanks for your help! I used the same POCO version you did with Ubuntu (1.7.8p3)
    It was also necessary to copy some of the library files (e.g. libPocoNetSSL.so.48) to the //lib directory.
  • @MathGeek8
    You're welcome! Glad to hear it worked, and other Arch users may find your experience with this helpful.